General Infor­ma­ti­on

re-enrolm­ent and regis­tering in moduls

The re-enrolm­ent takes place every semes­ter by paying the semes­ter fee. This means that you are a student of the Univer­si­ty of Leipzig for another semes­ter. The re-enrolm­ent period for the winter semes­ter is from 1 June to 31 July and for the summer semes­ter from 1 Janua­ry to 28/29 Febru­a­ry. After you have success­ful­ly re-enrolm­ent, you will have to have your student ID card re-valida­ted. Regis­tering in the modules always starts short­ly before the lectu­re starts and takes place in the first weeks of the lectu­re period. It takes place via the AlmaWeb. If you have problems regis­tering modules or miss the deadlines, please conta­ct the Student Office as soon as possi­ble.


The most important branch for you of the Leipzig Univer­si­ty Libra­ry (UBL) is located in Liebig­stra­ße. But also in the Insti­tu­te for Theore­ti­cal Physics (ITP) in Brüder­stra­ße is a branch office with some papers about theore­ti­cal and mathe­ma­ti­cal physics.
The rooms of the UBL are often used by students for concen­tra­ted work in a quiet atmos­phe­re. The campus libra­ry invites students to do this around the clock. At night, access is via the night entran­ce in the direc­tion of the Gewand­haus. The Biblio­te­ca Alber­ti­na and its large reading rooms in Beetho­ven­stra­ße are parti­cu­lar­ly attrac­ti­ve from an archi­tec­tu­ral point of view.

Office for Study Affairs and Exami­na­ti­on Office​

In the Office for Study Affairs in the Linné­stra­ße (room 223, 222 and 216) you can get infor­ma­ti­on about almost all questi­ons concer­ning your study planning. If you have problems with the module regis­tra­ti­on or would like to cancel a module, you are just as right here as for the regis­tra­ti­on of project, bache­lor and master theses. If you are unable to parti­ci­pa­te in exerci­ses or exami­na­ti­ons due to illness, you must also submit your health insuran­ce voucher here.
The Exami­na­ti­on Office is located in the same room and is respon­si­ble for all exami­na­ti­ons and grades. Here you will get a proof of your achie­ve­ments so far (Transcript of Records) and your gradua­ti­on certi­fi­ca­tes.

exami­na­ti­on board

The exami­na­ti­on board is relevant for you if you want to take a second repeat exami­na­ti­on, if you want to have modules and degrees from other univer­si­ties credi­ted to you or if you have problems with the recogni­ti­on of modules for the electi­ve area (e.g. language courses). All this has to be applied for at the exami­na­ti­on board. You submit an appli­ca­ti­on to the exami­na­ti­on board (PA) either by e-mail or in printed form together with all necessa­ry documents and send it to the Studi­en­bü­ro. The PA meets once a month. We will also be happy to help you if you have any questi­ons regar­ding the PA.

study abroad​

A study abroad is usual­ly a great perso­nal enrich­ment, as you get to know people from many other nations and cultures, broaden your language skills, experi­ence a diffe­rent educa­tio­nal system and general­ly broaden your horizons. In the Bachelor’s program­me, the fourth and fifth semes­ters are the most suita­ble, in the Master’s program­me the first two semes­ters or the comple­te Master’s program­me. But of course you can also study abroad outside these times. But to ensure that your studies abroad are a success and do not lead to unnecessa­ry delays in your studies, it is important to pay atten­ti­on to a few things in advan­ce. For examp­le, it is essen­ti­al that you conclu­de a learning agree­ment with your partner univer­si­ty and clari­fy in advan­ce with the exami­na­ti­on board that the modules you want to study abroad will also be credi­ted for your studies.
It would be a bit out of place to inform about everything about study­ing abroad. Compe­tent conta­cts are the Akade­mi­sches Auslands­amt (AAA), the Deutsche Akade­mi­sche Austausch­dienst (DAAD) and the ERASMUS coordi­na­tor of our facul­ty (current­ly Dr. Jochen Zahn).

Frequent­ly asked questi­ons